Front Office Developer – C#.Net – Geneva
We are seeking a Software Developer who will develop custom and enrich off-the-shelf applications for the Hedge Fund business. The successful candidate will work closely with the Front Office on workflow automation solutions concerning research, portfolio management, operations, and trading. The candidate should demonstrate strong technical skills and a desire to learn the financial aspects and business processes of the firm. They must have experience working alongside a global team to deliver systems that adhere to firm wide standards.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT related field or equivalent work experience;
- Team player with Good communication skills and Analytical;
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently;
- Discretion in handling confidential or sensitive information;
- Over 5 years C# programming experience;
- Strong SQL database development experience;
- Good understanding of object-oriented design principles and design patterns;
- Unit and Integration testing;
- Agile development methodology;
- Persistent/Real Time messaging system experience.
- Candidate will work with business areas to design, build and deploy custom applications and enrich off-the-shelf applications as required;
- Provide technical solutions through development to automate processes or functions to improve business operations;
- Develop corresponding operations and support procedures for application support;
- Design and develop scripts to automate operational tasks and maintenance;
- Administer and enforce IT development standards and processes;
- Provide support during scheduled contingency tests and upgrades;
- Assist with the installation of patches and updates, determine impact on applications;
- Work directly with end users & support staff on issues.